We here at Married Romance have compiled a list which we like to call “10 steps to happily ever after.” It’s basically a guide to show you how to be happy in life. We took the combined experience of our editors and authors and came up with 10 great tips on how you can find eternal happiness.
1. Take time to smell the flowers. In this busy era that we live in, we can easily forget to take time out and enjoy the little things in life. Even if it means walking to work (after lunch) the long route on the outside of the building so you can smell the fresh air.
2. Learn how to save money. You can apply this to joining an online dating site such as eHarmony or match.com. All you need to do is copy down the eharmony coupon code and then enter it when it comes time to pay for your monthly subscription. Congratulations, you have just saved a few hundred dollars that you can use on your date!
3. Play with your animals. If you have cats or a dog or fish or a bird, take a few minutes every night before bed to play with them. Animals love the simple things in life and they could teach us a thing or two.
4. Listen to music. Scientific studies have shown if you listen to music, you will psychologically feel happier.
5. Eat healthier. There’s a reason why a Mcdonalds hamburger costs fiftey cents: It’s because the “meat” that they use is optimized for the profits of the corporation, NOT the health of the consumer. As such, garbage in, garbage out. Eat healthier food and watch how happy you get.
6. Take time in life to do the little things that you enjoy. Whether it’s taking a long bubble bath, watching some comedy or sports on t.v. or just taking a hike in mother nature, get back to the little things that matter.
7. Don’t let the little things in life bother you. The little things compiled upon each other and before you know it, you’re getting angry and you don’t know why. Just ignore the small things in life and watch your happiness grow by leaps and bounds!
8. Take time with that special someone (boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife) and go on a vacation or do something special together. Take the time to rekindle the lost romance or further it even more.
9. Stop watching so much television. It’s not healthy for you. Instead read a book, or go to your local gym and exercise.
10. Relax. Just relax and good things will come to you.